Varavon Pro Finder DSLR viewfinder video review
Jump to my other DSLR viewfinder reviews:
So here it is finally, my long overdue review of the Varavon Pro Finder.
First of all, watch my video review, it covers a lot … below you find further information!
- Great build quality, one of the best I have seen so far (comparable only to the Letus Hawk VF and the Zacuto Z-Finder)
- Good optics, with diopter adjustment
- “Top down view” for long angle shots or shooting “from the hip”, which is a unique feature
- Great eye cup, almost as good as the eye cup of the Z-Finder, which is still the best – allows extended shooting and completely blocks out surroundings
- Nice padded case comes with it
- Quick Release works perfectly
- Easy attachment of the plate because of a tightening screw that can be fastened by hand
- Unbelievably huge. It makes the DSLR look like a camcorder – which even might be a good thing in some cases.
- The top down view might be useful only rarely
- Different attachment plates needed for different cameras, relatively expensive (but also incredible quality)
- Plates are only available for the Canon EOS 5D Mark II, 7D and T2i / 550D
- Unusable with a battery grip, special plates for grips are not available
So this is really a solid piece of equipment and should also be considered by anyone who is thinking about getting a higher-end viewfinder like the Hawk VF or Z-Finder – only if you don’t mind its size though!
You can also order it directly from Varavon in South Korea here (be careful because of duties though!).